Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Channel M's Style in the City presenter Jemma Gofton takes her pick from the Vicky Martin Spring/Summer collection


When I was asked to write a blog for Vicky Martin I was flattered, when I was asked to choose a few of my favourite items I was terrified.

Where do I start? I have loved Vicky’s clothes from her early days in The Royal Exchange so to pick out five key pieces is mission impossible. I will give it a go but this may take a while –

I love the fact that skirts are back in fashion so my first choice has to be the Lille Mini. What’s not to like about it, it’s fun flirty and has a splash of colour. I would wear this with tights and bright heels now but come the summer I would team it with flip-flops.

Ne
xt on my list is the Fleur Maxi dress. I am a lover of long dresses they give me a feeling of sophistication. My top style tip is to wear maxi dresses with flatties.

My next item is the Nuvo vest, I can’t decide on a colour, as they are all great. But the look of a vest, jeans and accessories in my opinion can’t be beaten. There is nothing to match effortless style.

T
he Darcy mini dress ticks all the boxes for the ‘must have little black dress’. What more can I say it’s perfect for the panic nights of nothing to wear.

And last but not least is…… the Tabatha wedding dress. Well, Vicky you did say I could choose anything!!

So there you go, my much thought about list!! I hope you like my choices and no doubt I will up-date them as all the lovely new styles come out for summer.

Jemma x

Catch more of the ever stylish Jemma on Channel M's Style in the City or in her weekly column in the Manchester Evening News

Phone: 0161 796 7788